Thursday, September 17, 2009


A few days ago, a friend recommended me about this new manga he’s reading. Usually, I don’t read mangas recommended by a friend because I want to discover new mangas myself. Out of the blue, I decided to check it out. Turns out, it didn’t disappoint me.
Pandora Hearts. I didn’t ask for the plot first. So my first thought was it is about a box just like the Pandora’s Box story or something like that. The story actually revolves around Oz Vessalius, a boy who comes from a very rich family. In their society, there is a celebration called “coming-of-age” for all those children who are about to turn 15. In his coming-of-age celebration,
Reapers appeared and sent him to the Abbys – a world from another dimension – without knowing why. When he was on the Abbys, he again met B-Rabbit. B-Rabbit is a chain – a monster created from Abbys – and is a really strong one. B-Rabbit’s true name is Alice. Alice wants to make a contract with Oz allowing both of them to get out of Abbys. Alice’s goal is to collect her memories that were gone since she was in the Abbys. Oz decided to form the contract and help her because he had a premonition that the answers to all his questions will appear if he help Alice. Now, exciting things will happen as they unravel Alice past nd their “alliance” with the secret organization called Pandora.

It is still an on going manga so I also don’t know what will happen next. But I have some guesses… It actually has an anime. Anyways, what I like about it is that it brings something new to the table, even though it is based on other books. Pandora Hearts is indeed very interesting. It is one of those mangas that makes me crave for “MORE!”. Honestly, I sometimes judge a manga by the way it is drawn and from what I read; it is definitely an “A” for me. I recommend this manga for all my readers here. I assure you, you will not be disappointed reading this. Pandora Hearts is definitely one of the must-read. Again, join us, on unravelling the mystery behind this story.


For me, Pandora Hearts is rated: “double thumbs up!”




No comments:

Post a Comment